Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer on Film #4


The last days of summer are always sort of bittersweet. I don't miss the heat, but I do love the long days, wandering down alleys and cut-throughs to get to the water, listening to the sounds of chatter in backyards and in restaurants with open doors. And something about this summer in particular brought about the most amazing sunsets every night for the last half of the season. I don't pretend to understand weather patterns or atmospheric conditions; I have no idea what caused it. All I know is that we've been spoiled with brilliant pink and orange and lavender skies so stunning they've stopped me in my tracks nearly every night. And when I look back on this summer, so much of it will be tinged with pink. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely missing the longer days! I'm ready for comfy sweaters, but not ready to say goodbye to summer yet!

    ReplyDelete